RAPAC stands for the REALTORS® of Arizona Political Action Committee while RPAC stands for the national REALTORS® Political Action Committee.
What is RAPAC / RPAC?
The Tucson Association of REALTORS® advocacy program works to leverage the largest business organization in Southern Arizona and its substantial financial impact on Southern Arizona’s economy to proactively influence public policy affecting all aspects of real estate and our regional economy. Our focus is collaborating with decision makers, community stakeholders and other business organizations to improve our community and advance the interests of our industry.
With 6,500+ members, we bring the expertise and knowledge necessary to assist local government in drafting and implementing successful real estate development and housing policies which facilitate economic development, promote homeownership, and protect private property rights.
Our Association supports candidates and elected officials who are REALTOR® CHAMPIONS through our non-partisan, REALTOR® PARTY platform. Real estate and homeownership issues are non-partisan, and we actively support those candidates for public office who value homeownership and protect private property rights.
Meet your Government Affairs Director, Shawn Cote. Shawn joined TAR after 10 years as the Government Affairs Director with the Southern Arizona Home Builders Association (SAHBA). At SAHBA Shawn worked with the four municipalities within the county and was the liaison between building industry members and local government. Prior to SAHBA, Shawn worked as the government affairs director for the Southwest Montana Building Industry Association. Shawn has built relationships that will be incredibly valuable to TAR and its future.
You can reach Shawn at email@example.com or call (520) 382-8807
The REALTORS® of Arizona Political Action Committee (RAPAC) is a member-sponsored effort organized to financially support candidates running for local, state and federal office whose position on real estate regulation and a free-market business environment most closely represent the initiatives of the Tucson Association of REALTORS®. RAPAC contributes to and channels resources into races that will have the most impact on the real estate industry. RAPAC is a voluntary, non-profit political action committee and operates independently of any political party.
RAPAC is a vital part of the Tucson Association of REALTORS® Government Affairs program — a program that includes professional lobbying, legislative analysis, grassroots contacts, and long-term political relationships. RAPAC strives to educate city council members, legislators and members of congress about our industry and guarantees that no decision is made that will affect our industry, good or bad, until our voice is heard.
NAR’s Chief Advocacy Officer Shannon McGahn emphasizes how NAR advances public policies and candidates that build strong communities, increase access to homeownership, and protect private property rights.
Watch her video:
2024 RPAC Major Investors
RPAC Major Investors are an elite and passionate group of REALTORS® whose investments shape the political future of the real estate industry.
- Vicki L Cox Golder, Vicki L. Cox and Associates
- Ginny G Huffman, Imagine Realty Services
- Judy Lowe, Tucson Association of REALTORS®
- April Michelle Bidwell, BIG REALTY Solutions, LLC.
- Matthew Clifton, Tierra Antigua Realty
- Shawn Cote, Tucson Association of REALTORS®
- Kimberly Clifton, Tierra Antigua Realty
- Susan Creedon, Tucson Territory Property Management
- Shawn Edgar, OMNI Homes International
- Chris Edwards, Tucson Appliance Company, LLC
- Amanda Elmer, Tierra Antigua Realty
- Linda Foyt, EMS Realty, Inc.
- Barbara Hernandez, Arizona Brokers
- Pam Ruggeroli, Long Realty Company
- Lauren Smith, Stewart Title
- Danae S Jackson, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Joelle Kahn, Tierra Antigua Realty
- Jennifer Martinez, Tierra Antigua Realty
- Lisa Nutt, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Christine Sanchez, Tucson Association of REALTORS®
- Melissa Schmidt, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Lauren Smith, Stewart Title & Trust
- Lisa Surez, EMS Realty, Inc.
- Sherry Tune, Coldwell Banker Realty
- James Tsighis, Keller Williams Southern
- Sue West, Coldwell Banker Realty
- Steven Williams, 1st Heritage Realty
- Catherine Wolfson, Coldwell Banker Realty