MLSSAZ Corrections Policy Effective May 1, 2017
On May 1, 2017, the MLSSAZ Corrections policy will be in effect. The Corrections Policy replaces the Violation Flowchart used as a guide for alleged violations of the MLS Rules and Regulations. The Corrections Policy details how violations of the MLS Rules and Regulations are reported, the different types of Violations (Correctable, Non-Correctable, and Behavioral) and the process for each type of violation. The Corrections Policy includes a Repeat Offender clause that details escalating sanctions for Subscribers who repeatedly violate the MLS Rules and Regulations.
The goal of the Corrections Policy is to ensure the highest level of accuracy for the MLS Database through education and communication first and escalating to the issuing sanctions only if necessary. A full copy of the Corrections Policy is available for download using the links below.
Repeat Offender/Offense Policy
On March 19, 2014, MLSSAZ introduced the new Repeat Offender/Offence Policy at the MLSSAZ Participants Meeting. The Repeat Policy includes an escalation scale for Participants and Subscribers who continuously violate the MLSSAZ Rules and Regulations. According to the Repeat Policy a repeat offender is anyone who:
- Accumulates more than three violations of a particular rule within one calendar year
- Accumulates more than ten violations of the rules within one calendar year
- Repeats the same violation on the same listing
Repeat offenders will be subject to the following escalation scale:
- All future violations will automatically be reviewed by the MLS Standards Committee
- Automatic doubling of subsequent fines
- Hearing by the MLSSAZ Board of Directors
A full explanation of the MLSSAZ Repeat Offender/Offense Policy can be downloaded as a PDF file below.